Sunday 16 February 2014

Introducing Thomas Chulung!

Hi I’m Thomas Chulung (Boogie) and I am a KEFL student in year 11 at Kununurra District High School.
KEFL stands for [Kimberly Education For Life].
I wanted to be in KEFL because it is a great program where you can learn lots of life skills and complete lots of different courses. You also get to go on awesome camps and do fun activities like bike riding, canoeing, and kayaking, horse riding, motorbike riding and swimming.
KEFL also helps you to get the following qualifications:
·        Driver licences
·        Boat licences
·        First aid certificate
·        Bronze medallion
·        White ticket
·        WACE certificate
·        Certificate II in Engineering
·        Certificate II in Agriculture
In KEFL you get to do two days’ work per week in a school based traineeship. You get paid around $90 per day. I am completing my school based traineeship at Wannawork my dad’s Building and Construction Company. My dad’s company is only 5 years old but already has over 50 workers and owns 2 graters, 2 trackers for doing other jobs out of town like old roads that need to be grated so they can be open again for public use. Wannawork also does gardening around Kununurra like when grass needs to be cut, trees need to be planted and when new houses need there garden to be put in.  
This year in KEFL for my 2 days of work a week I am going to be working with my dad doing building and constructing because I just like doing hands on work, like helping to build houses and just building anything really.
My short term education goals are to
·        Complete year 11
·        Complete all my work in class
·        Come to school every day this term
My long term education goals are to
·        Complete year 12
·        Complete KEFL and receive all my certificates
·        Get a good job when I leave school
One of the most difficult things about KEFL for me is getting my bronze medallion in swimming because I’m not that good at swimming but I’ll try my hardest to get it anyway.
In 5 years’ time I see myself working at a building and construction company as a fully qualified builder working for my dad at his building and construction company and hopefully one day taking over the company so my Dad can retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment