Thursday 13 February 2014

Introducing Kerri Searle!

Hello my name is Kerri Searle, I’m a year 11 student at Kununurra DHS in the KEFL program (Kimberly Education For Life). I was born in Kununurra and have lived here all my life. I have a family of five, my Mum, Dad and my brother and sister who are fraternal twins. I’m 15 and will be turning 16 on June 8th.
KEFL stands for Kimberly Education For Life; KEFL is a program that involved students completing a School Based Traineeships. This involves working two days at a business in Kununurra. Year 11 students new to the program start off with one day at our work placement, three days at school where we do WACE subjects maths, English and Outdoor Education. Finally we do one day at TAFE completing a Certificate II in our chosen field – mine is Business.
In Outdoor Education we will have the opportunity to complete our bronze medallion course. This semester we will be doing canoeing; which includes an overnight camp to Cooliman Creek approximately 20km from the Argyle Dam Wall.  Extra qualifications from TAFE we will be doing include welding, first aid and a Certificate II in Agriculture. We complete our Cert II in Agriculture at Gibb River Station.  
What we will get out of KEFL is:
Year 12 WACE Graduation Certificate, Skippers ticket, Bronze medallion, Welding course, Certificate II in Agriculture and the experience of a lifetime.             
The reason I choose the KEFL program over other courses is because of the qualifications we get out of it, I’m also hoping that it helps me get a full time job at the day care or at the vet. Also that it’s going to challenge me, and that its going to be a great experience I won’t forget and I’m hoping we get to know everyone in the group more. Something I’m not really looking for is the bike ride as it’s going to push me and challenge me also the swimming as I have never been a great swimmer but I’m going to try my hardest at those activities. 
My education goals this year is to put as much effort as I can into the work that has been given to us and to pass my maths and English. I want to be committed to my work and hand assignments and homework in on time, I want to try my hardest this year and try and pass all subjects and do them with enthusiasm.
My career goals is to either get a full time job at a day care or get my certs in childcare or to go to tafe and study for veterinarian nurse, and get a job at the local vet and help save animals and help out in the surgeries.
In the future I see myself working at the vet as a Veterinarian nurse and helping out the community by saving animals lives. I hope that I would have finished all my Certs to become a qualified nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment