Monday 10 February 2014

Introducing Zack FieldWright!

Hi my name is Zack Field Wright and I am 16 years old and I was born in New South Wales in a city called New Castle, then I moved to Canberra and lived there for two years and started my schooling years there. My family then moved to Bowral and lived there for another two years and continued my schooling up to year three, after Bowral I moved up to Kununurra and have been here for eight years. I am a 11 student at Kununurra DHS in the KEFL program which stands for Kimberley Education For Life, and is a school based traineeship program which entails two paid working days, two school days and one day at Tafe.
 Some of the Activities we are going to do are…
  1. Going out to a Gibb River working station for our Certificate II in Agriculture. In this Certificate we will be de-horning cattle, castrating the bulls, branding the cattle, building fences and making pens, finally we have to make the trap to trap the cattle.
  2. Getting a Bronze Medallion.
  3. Getting a White Card.
  4. Going out on camps like the overnight canoe camp and the Parry Creek Road bike ride which will be a three day camp.
When I complete year 12 I will leave school with…
·         Certificate II in Agriculture and Automotive
·         Welders ticket
·         White Card
·         Bronze Medallion
·         And the all-important WACE¹ Certificate so I can officially graduate, and to graduate I must have at least a C-grade average in all subjects.
The field of work I chose is in the automotive industry which is tied to my TAFE certificate course and get paid $90 per day and for a total of $180 for both days so I can start buying the tools needed for my apprenticeship, so that I can cut the cost down instead of buying the tools all together.
Some of my long term career goals are to finish my apprenticeship and start my own business, if I don’t start my own business I will go out to the mines and become a diesel mechanic so I can service the massive trucks.
My long term educational goals are to finish year 12 and start the apprenticeship, after my apprenticeship I could go to university and study Astronomy but I would most likely go to the mines.
My short term career goals are to make a good impression with my employers so I can finish the traineeship.
My short term educational goals are to finish the first term of year 11.
In Five years’ time I will see myself finishing my apprenticeship and go into the mines.
So until next time, it is good bye from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment