Thursday 13 February 2014

Introducing Alex Ripps!

Hello my name is Alex Ripps and I am a year 11 student at Kununurra District High School. I am currently in Kimberley Education For Life (KEFL) this program is for students that do two days at school, two day at a suited work place as a trainee and one day at tafe where we gather the qualifications we need for the future.
I chose KEFL because I saw it as a way to get all the qualifications that others students may not be able to get if they are doing ATAR or VET which means students in KEFL have a higher chance of getting a good job when we complete Year 12.
What interested me the most about KEFL is all the activities and job opportunities that come with doing this course. At the end of this course you get certificates in a variety of areas such as a Certificate II in Agriculture, Certificate II in Engineering or Automotive, drivers licence, skipper’s tickets all of which go towards getting a WACE certificate when I graduate year 12.
The field I would like to be employed in is construction because I enjoy hands on work. I have done construction before as work experience and I really enjoyed the type of work and the pay that goes with it.
My short term education goals are to get through the first year of KEFL and tafe to earn my Certificate II in Engineering, finish all my set work to gain more WACE points for the following year. My short term career goals are to get a job through KEFL and become fully qualified in that particular job.
My long term education goals are to finish and graduate year 12 and further my education through tafe on and off the job, I would also later in life like to own a construction business.
The difficult thing about KEFL would have to be trying to juggle the work in school between going to work and excursions.

No comments:

Post a Comment