Thursday 13 February 2014

Introducing Kalani Wordley!

Hello, my name is Kalani Wordley I am 16 and currently a year eleven KEFL student at Kununurra District High School. I was born in Whangarei New Zealand and moved to Australia in year three. I did all my primary schooling in Kalgoorlie and moved up to Kununurra mid-way through year seven.
KEFL, or Kimberley Education For Life is a school programme where you do 2 days of school, 2 days of your work in a school based traineeship and one day of TAFE. In the two days of school we do maths, English and outdoor education. For the two days of work I’ll be working at Top End Motors and recovery. I will also be completing certificate II in automotive at TAFE.
In outdoor education we will be doing canoeing, kayaking and mountain bike riding. We will also be learning how to ties knots and prepare bush food. Also we will be going on canoeing camps with Maka starting from Lake Argyle Dam wall and paddling downstream.
A unique part of the KEFL program is the opportunity to complete a Certificate II in Agriculture. In this certificate we go out to Gibb station and learn how to castrate, brand, de-horn and tag cattle.  We also learn how to weld, build fences and drive a four wheel drive and tractors. We help build all the stock yards and muster all the cattle into the yards.
My short term education goals are to achieve my WACE certificate and successfully complete year 12. My short term career goals are to get started on my apprenticeship and work towards my Australian Citizenship so I can get my grant for tools.
My Long term education goals are to study a business and management diploma so I can run my own heavy diesel mechanic shop.
My long term career goals is to own a successful diesel, small engine and recovery company.
At the end of the two years of KEFL I should have my; WACE graduation certificate, certificate II in Automotive, Certificate II in Agriculture, Bronze medallion, senior first aid,  white card, driver’s license and skippers ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment