Monday 2 March 2015

Colen Nulgit Checking In!

Hi my name is Colen,

I just started year 11 in the Kimberley Education for Life Program. KEFL is a school based traineeship program that allows me to gain employment when I complete year 12.

I live in Kununurra with my family, I’ve lived here for about 6 years but I am originally from Derby. I was born their but have done all my schooling in Kununurra. My tribe name where I am from is Gidja

I chose the KEFL program because I wanted to get a taste of what work would be like and what skills I need to develop in order to achieve in my work place.

My career goals; I am doing my school based traineeship at DPaW which stands for Department Parks and Wildlife. DPaW is where I learn about the different types of animals and the environment that we live in.

I don’t do training at TAFE because I do all my training at DPaW which is a separate training organisation. I am completing a Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management.

When I leave school I want to have enough qualifications to work full time at DPaW and join the Firefighters.

I’m looking forward to the camps that are coming up this year and the work I am going to be doing at DPaW and earning my own money. In particular I am looking forward to the Agriculture camps and the Outdoor Education camps. I am used to going out bush and living off the land – so this should be fun.


Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment