Monday 16 February 2015

Introducing "DOLLY" Thomas

Hi, my name is Doralyn Thomas but I preferred to be called Dolly most of the time. I’m 16 in June and I lived in Kununurra for one and a half years. I wanted to be in KEFL because, the program is a school-based traineeship program and I’ll be more experienced when I finish school and want to get a full time job.

I was born in Derby and lived there for two years then moved to Warmun. Those who don’t know where Warmun is; its 100km east from Kununurra. Warmun is where my father is from and I was living there ever since I was three years old, up until I was old enough to go schooling away. My likes are fishing, camping and spending time with the families back in Warmun. My dislikes are moving away from home and having to make new friends in new places.

I’m doing my traineeship at Commonwealth bank, which I’m really happy about and because I’m interested in Business. At TAFE I’m doing a Certificate 11 in Business and when I leave school I want to be a full time Human Resource Officer in a mine site in Australia.

My goal is to achieve a C or B grade in Maths and English. In Outdoor Education I want to get better at the skills and be good at Canoeing because it’s my first time canoeing. So far it is not as hard as I anticipated. I am looking forward to participating in all the activities in KEFL particularly the Agriculture components. I’m looking forward to learning many different things while I’m in KEFL and there isn’t anything I’m not looking forward too.


Until next time… Dolly J

No comments:

Post a Comment