Monday 16 February 2015

Introducing Braydo Field!

Yeah my names Braydon,

I just got into year 11 into the KEFL program. I chose this course because it’s the one that best suited me. I’m not really interested in UNI or having school every day. Working, camping and other activities sounded 10x more appealing to me than the other school pathways did.

I was originally born in Melbourne but travelled around Australia until we found ourselves in Kununurra. I started school here in year 2 and have been here ever since. I really just enjoy getting out, mostly out bush because the town never has anything to offer. Also chilling with mates is always good.

The traineeship I’m getting into is electrical. Electrical is something I've been interested in for a while and have been doing electrical work for a few months now with a local business. So I’m thinking of continuing that and working my way to an apprenticeship in this trade.

At TAFE I’m taking an engineering course which is pretty enjoyable. Done a semester of it last year and found it the better course to do. I did a bit of automotive but that didn't actually take my fancy.

When I leave school, I’m planning on getting an apprenticeship like I said before. I did want to leave this year and get one but I’m now thinking of finishing year 12 first. But it really depends on what happens, if I get offered it or not.

All my goals for any subjects are just to improve on getting my grades up. My subjects for the next 2 years are English, Maths and Outdoor Education. But really, my main goals are just to achieve way better grades that I did over the past years of schools. B’s would be good but I’d settle for a C considering that’s passing.

The main things I’m looking forward to are probably all the agriculture camps and outdoorsy type of things. Also, looking to all the payed work we do, instead of it just being work experience, it’s a traineeship that we’ll be getting payed for.

At first, I wasn't looking forward to the schoolwork. To be honest, who is though? Even though there are only 3 days of it, I still just wanted to do all hands on work. But the work isn't all that bad, we are learning useful things for a change, so I’m pretty happy about that.


Catch you around…


No comments:

Post a Comment