Monday 2 November 2015

Joshua Adkin "Mighty Mouse"

I have been really busy this year trying to focus on year 12, working, going to school, going to Tafe and also going to camps. I am still working at the Kununurra Visitor Centre every Monday and the Kununurra Community Resource Centre every Tuesday as part of my work placement. I have now finished both of my certificate II in agriculture and business.

Last term we all packed our bags and headed off on our last agriculture camp to Gibb River Station we were gone for two weeks from the 27th of July to the 7th of August, when we got out to Gibb we were straight into work and our first project was to build a fence around the shop to keep the dogs out of the yard. We also did some more cattle work while we were there teaching the year 11’s de-horning, castrating and ear tagging. We also did a killer again while we were out there, while we were out there we attended one of the elders funeral who unfortunately passed away, it was a beautiful service and she will be dearly missed by many as she was such an inspirational person to everyone out at Gibb River Station and beyond. We again went to Galvan’s George where we spent most of the day and then to mount Barnett roadhouse to buy overly priced food and drinks. We also went camping out at flat rock for 3 nights which was good because we were next to water and it was good to get away from Gibb for a weekend. On the last day we all packed up and was ready to leave when I found out that we were taking one of the of the community members Kevin, Kev had a pet dog a Gibb who never left his side Cinder, and I will never forget when Kev got in the car and as we drove of Cinder and 2 other dogs ran as fast as they could to follow our car all the way down the road as they slowly disappeared into the cloud of dust from our car.    

Last term the year 12’s started abseiling as their last outdoor education activity, we started by learning some of the knots we need to know to be able to abseil, after that we started our first abseil although it was on a boab tree here at school it was still a great learning experience and we all learnt a lot of skills needed to abseil.  Our first proper abseil was down Kelly’s knob it was so much fun we all really enjoyed it also and again learnt a lot of new skills needed, from there we did elephant rock 2 at different heights, after that it was time for us to do the biggest abseil we would do, elephant rock. Elephant rock is 70 meters high and it was the most fun abseil we have done, both I and Alex did it both normally and running down facing forwards. After we had successfully completed black rock, we were ready to go on our abseiling camp; we were gone for 3 days up the Ord River at Cooliman creek camp. We did a wide range of activities like bush walking, abseiling but the thing I enjoyed most on this camp would have been the flying fox we made across the river although I was the only one who hit the know at the end because I wasn’t heavy enough the get to the water It was still really enjoyable.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
The last two year of school has been the greatest 2 years of my life so far. I have made great lifelong friends who will always be close to my heart. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at work and school. I have learnt so much at both work and school i am so thankfully to have amazing network of teachers, bosses/mentors and friends. I would like to thank my managers; Nadia, Kris and Vivian at the Kununurra visitors centre for letting me come into your business to grow and learn, and thank you to my manager at the Kununurra CRC Natika, for allowing me to be a part of the CRC family and teaching me so much about computer and web designing and also helping me with my grammar. I never would have thought that i would be given the chance to be able to be a part of the KEFL program. To be able to do all these amazing things like mountain bike riding, canoeing /kayaking and abseiling. To be able to graduate school with my cert II in Business and cert II in Agriculture. I would also like to thanks my biggest supporter throughout this whole experience Mrs Audas. Without you I definately would not be where I am today.   

My plans for the future is hopefully to go a theatre school and extend my skills in acting so I can one day become a high payed actor, I would like to also excel a career in teaching if I don’t wish to continue my acting, I also plan on doing some part time or fully time work after I finish school and traveling over Europe and America.


Catch you around … like a ringworm! Josh Adkin J






No comments:

Post a Comment