Wednesday 20 August 2014

Katie Havili

Hey there Katie here again
This year in term 2 in K.E.F.L we went on our first camp out to Gibb River Station for about 6 days. Sunday and Friday were our traveling days. We met the Station Managers Clyde and Linnette Russ, we also got to meet the elders of the Station Alfie and Nancy White and Yvonne Burgu, and they were all so lovely, warm and welcoming. 
The first part of our camp was to pull down and clean up the holding yard and a laneway. We also had to mend all the broken fences for our muster later on in the year. It was my first time fencing. I had to be shown a few times at first how to tighten and strain the wire around the trees or poles, but it was overall a good experience. At the end of the week when we had seen our finished holding pen and laneway- I felt extremely proud and a huge sense of accomplishment.
My favourite part of our camp was when we went out to get a killer and I got a chance to have a go at skinning the cow. It was my first time but I found it easy once I knew how and where to skin the animal.
My other favourite time was when we got to go out for a swim on Thursday afternoon after we finished doing the fencing, we played footy in the water, and it was really fun.
This term we went on Outdoor Education camp which was to Coolamon Creek. We started from Lake Argyle Dam wall and it took us 6 hours to reach our destination Go Wild’s Eco Campsite.
The Obstacles we faced weren’t really as hard as I expected, the water was just flowing really fast. We went one Canoe at a time through the Obstacles, otherwise if we all went at the same time we could have capsized.
Overall we canoed 25km, I was proud that I could get back into the canoe after capsizing.

Well see yaa next time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment