Monday 12 May 2014

Bianca Cox (Bcoxy) :)

Ready for Horse Riding at YEEHAA!
Hi again, for those of you who don’t know me my name is Bianca Cox. Last term in KEFL we did several Outdoor Education activities which involved going out canoeing at ski beach, and other lake Kununurra areas like Lilly Lagoon. We completed a mini canoeing expedition at the back of lakeside, which was a pretty interesting trip considering that we had to swerve and weave our way through tiny gaps and duck under trees. We then found out that the water was actually only knee deep leading us to jump out and explore the area. It was an awesome little adventure, the view surrounding us was pretty beautiful and it was cool seeing another part of Kununurra that you probably would not unless you were canoeing.
The KEFL crew also went out to the Gibb River Station; were they completed a lot of fencing, played a lot of basketball & football and also made really good friends with some of the community members and children. I didn’t get to go to Gibb River Station due to my grandfather’s funeral that I had to attend in Broome, which was sad on the week we were leaving, hearing the KEFL crew talk about how fun they had and how much they enjoyed it made me think of what I actually missed out on. So I will definitely be going on the next trip, I will have a lot of catching up to do in terms of showing trainer Michael Jeffery my fencing skills, but I am up for the challenge and ready to show just how hard I can work.
This term is pretty full on, as we have a lot of trips coming up that we are preparing for. We are currently organising our canoeing/kayaking trip which is on the 28/29th of May, this is basically a two day, one night trip where we will be canoeing from the Lake Argyle Dam wall down Coolamon creek and camping at Go Wild Adventure Tours campsite approx. 25km from the dam wall. I have set some goals for myself for the canoe trip these include completing the 25km distance and not falling out of the canoe, jumping off jump rock and completing the flying fox activity.
The KEFL crew then go back out to the Gibb River Station which will be for 2 weeks and I am definitely going this time. We also start Mountain Bike Riding for Outdoor Education, which will end with a camp riding along Parry Creek Road (Old Wyndham Road) from Kununurra to Wyndham. It will be a hard journey, but it will also be a very ‘interesting’ adventure. In my last blog entry I talked about how we will have 2 days of work per week in our school based traineeship. I am still yet to be placed, so instead of working I come to school every Monday and Tuesday and finish off un-finished Assessments & school work. Hopefully, KGT find me a placement soon, I will be glad to not be the only student coming to school, and would really like to start earning some money.

Riding Mia!


Mia not listening!


1 comment:

  1. Pleased to announce that Bianca had started work at Ord Irrigation as a water distribution officer. Well done, Bianca!

    ReplyDelete